- About Us
- Join VSS
- VSS Corner
- Site map
The China Study - Sun 19 July 2009
Sunday, 19 July 2009, 2 - 6 pm
Specially for medical, health and education professionals,
For more than 40 years, Dr. T. Colin Campbell has been at the forefront of nutrition research. His crowning achievement, the China Project, has been called the most comprehensive study of health and nutrition
The culmination of a 20-year partnership of Cornell University, Oxford University and the Chinese Academy of Preventive Medicine, the study examines more than 350 variables of health and nutrition with surveys from 6,500 adults in more than 2,500 counties across China and Taiwan. The results, summarized in Professor Campbell’s book, The China Study, suggest that:
- a strong link exists between nutrition and heart disease, diabetes, cancer and other life-threatening illnesses
- proper nutrition can have a dramatic effect on reducing and reversing these ailments as well as curbing obesity
- our current eating practices need urgent and dramatic change
Spend a life-changing afternoon with Professor Campbell and discover why
The China Study has been hailed as “one of the most important books about nutrition ever written (and how) reading it may save your life.1"
|3.00pm||Introduction by Vegetarian Society (Singapore)|
|3.15pm||Talk and Q&A session by Professor T. Colin Campbell|
||Food Fair (food for sale from some of Singapore’s best vegetarian restaurants)|
$40 (packaged with The China Study book worth $30.70)2
1. Dean Ornish, MD, author, Dr. Dean Ornish's Program for Reversing Heart Disease
2. Present your $40 ticket on the day of the event to collect your copy of The China Study.
Click here for Professor Campbell's bio.
Special thanks to our kind sponsors:
East West Learning Enterprises Pte Ltd - A Member of the IMC Group
|Packaged with The China Study book:||SG$40|