Login    Forum    Search    FAQ     VSS Home

Board index » Vegetarian Food Forums » Travel Suggestions

Post subject: Loving Hut in Jeju Jungmun
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:06 pm 

I would like to share a most heart warming experience I had today at the Loving Hut in Jeju Jungmun Resort area.

I’m currently having a holiday with my husband in Korea. Trust me, it is extremely hard finding vegetarian food in Korea, not being able to speak the language makes it worse. You can therefore imagine the excitement we had when we bumped into Loving Hut in Jeju, the first vegetarian restaurant we found in Korea.

This place is simply fantastic, very nice setting and quiet. We were greeted by a well mannered male staff. After our order was taken, the lady boss Ms Min Suniya came to chat with us, sharing that she and her staff were all vegetarian. She also taught us how to say onion and garlic in Korean.

We had a sumptuous and very delicious meal, the best we had in Korea. Ms Min was very thankful when we told her how much we enjoyed the food. She sent us to the door, it was drizzling but we told Ms Min we were fine.

The rain got heavier, and shortly after, Ms Min appeared in front of us with an umbrella. She had actually driven to pass us the umbrella, saying she and her staff were worried for us. My husband and I were so touched by her kindness.

We thought the only way to repay her kindness is to help promote the loving hut in Jeju Jungmun, we implore all who travel to Jeju to visit Ms Min’s wonderful vegetarian restaurant. I really respect her in her belief to promote vegetarianism, keeping the restaurant even though business is not well. (We were the only ones at the restaurant during dinner time.) She mentioned she hope more people can become vegetarians.

May God bless Ms Min and her staff as they are all very kind people, and hope the loving hut’s business will flourish!! Those who are going Jeju Korea please visit this place:

Loving Hut (located near Sound Island Museum)
Jeju Jungmun
Add: 2934-1, Saekdal-Dong, Seogwipo-City, Jeju, Korea
Tel: 064-738-2040
Link: http://lovinghut.kr/kr/bbs/board.php?bo ... eogwipo-si

Board index » Vegetarian Food Forums » Travel Suggestions